Friday, March 16, 2012

Time

I am always one who is looking for tools and tricks to help me be a better steward of my time ---- to help me invest my time more wisely and not waste my time. I like to find ways to integrate technology of all kinds into being a better steward----hopefully something simple and easy to use. I try to stay away from anything that looks complicated.

I want to be effective at doing the right things---not efficient at doing the wrong things. My aim is faithful stewardship within the roles that God has given to me.

Therefore, I like routine and habit. I'm sure some of my affinity for those things comes from my four years as a structured math teacher.

Ephesians 5:15-17

So, what are my roles?

I believe they are four:
1. Disciple
2. Husband
3. Father
4. Pastor/teacher (I know that really isn't a title, but a calling within my call as a disciple of Jesus)

Over the next four posts, I want to explore each of these within the framework of faithful stewardship.
What roles has God given you? How do you fit into the every member ministry of your local congregation of Christians?

I pray that you will explore this with me as we all seek to be faithful stewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment