- What kind of growth are we talking about?
- Are we talking numerical growth?
- Are we talking spiritual growth? Or, both?
- What kind of growth do we aim for?
- Do we want "flash in the pan" kind of big spurt growth?
- Are we talking about slow, sustainable growth?
- To use Andy Stanley's phrase, are we looking for "deep and wide" growth?
- What kind of growth do we normally celebrate in our specific Christian circles?
- Are we even to "seek" after growth, and do we measure "growth" using the same standards of measurement the world does?
- Why do we celebrate "success" the way we do?
Anyway, I don't know that I've come to answers to all these questions that satisfy my curiosity; in fact, I'm pretty sure I haven't. I'm just trying myself to follow Jesus and help others do the same.
Why do we have to complicate things so much? Just sayin...