And, as we reflect, by God's grace, we will be driven to refocus.. To refocus on those things that are most important. Those things that are worthy of our time, energy, and pursuit. The most important thing to refocus our attention on is Jesus (Revelation 1:1-20) and our relationship with him.
In Revelation 1, there are at least 15 reasons to refocus on Jesus and our relationship with him at the end of 2013. Jesus is:
- The faithful witness (5)
- The firstborn from the dead (5)
- The ruler of the kings of the earth (5)
- The one who loves us (5)
- The one who freed us (5)
- The one who made us a kingdom of priests (6)
- The one who reigns w/ his Father in dominion & glory (6)
- The one who is coming again (7)
- The one who is the alpha and omega (8)
- The one who was and who is and is to come (8)
- The one who is the first and the last (17)
- The son of man (12-16)
- The one who has died and is living forevermore (18)
- The one who has the keys of death and hades (18)
- The one who is Lord over the church (20)
So, as we begin 2014 in a couple of days...reflect, refocus, and repent.
Happy New Year!