Friday, December 17, 2010

The Power of the Gospel

From Oswald Chambers this morning:

"The gospel of God creates a sense of need for the gospel"

"It is God who creates the need of which no human being is conscious until God manifests Himself"

"Nothing can satisfy the need but that which created the need. This is meaning of redemption--it creates and it satisfies."

We don't even know we need the gospel until God creates that need in us. Then, with great love and grace, he supplies for the need that He himself created in us. "Salvation belongs to our God..."

Were it not for the grace of God to create my sense of need, I would never know the one who could meet my need.


"Oh to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be
Let your goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to thee
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here’s my heart Lord, 
Take and seal it
Seal it for thy courts above"

No comments:

Post a Comment