Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Struggle is Real

As you live the Christian life, do you ever find yourself immersed in the battle of Romans 7:15-25? Some days, that battle is off the charts. It's like you're wrestling against the Beast, Brock Lesner and it's a lumberjack match with all the "bad guys" surrounding the ring (yes, that's a WWE reference).

With the "quarantine" having been in full force the last few weeks, it has reminded me that while there is an enemy I'm wrestling against outside of myself, sometimes, no...many times...no, most of the time...I am my own worst enemy in this battle.

Sometimes, I feel like screaming with Paul, "Wretched man that I am!" The struggle is real! The fight for righteousness and joy in Christ is not for the faint of heart. Fortunately, like Martin Luther wrote in the hymn A Mighty Fortress is our God, the right man is on our side.

"Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

We fight, we wrestle from the position of victory in Christ--that we've been given everything we need to win the battle.

So, keep fighting today...in the immortal words of Jimmy V, "Don't give up, don't ever give up!" (yes, I quoted a coach from NC State)

No comments:

Post a Comment