Thursday, August 14, 2014

Running into the Sun

Today was a great morning for a run. I even thought I should have put on a long sleeve shirt...in August! Crazy stuff. As I was running down the road on my return to the house, I found myself running basically toward the sun. It had risen a little bit already, so I wasn't directly running east, but still "into the sun."

And, I thought about the many metaphors in the NT about the Christian life being like a race, a marathon. I thought about 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 and Hebrews 12:1-2. And, who could forget Hebrews 11 and the "hall of faith" runners.

Then, I thought about the phrase running (ha, ha) through my head: "into the sun". Isn't the Christian life about "running into the son" and following the lead runner, Jesus? I pretty much think so. How's your running these days? Are you running into the Son?

No comments:

Post a Comment