Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Passion

I went to a new coffee shop this morning. In conversing with the sales associate behind the counter, she made the statement, "coffee is my passion."

It got me thinking. What is the passion of our heart and life? The "passion" of Jesus was to do the will of His Father. The will of His Father was to go to a cross and die in the place of sinners to appease the wrath that we deserve. Luke tells us that Jesus "steadfastly set his face" toward Jerusalem. He knew what awaited him there, he knew what pain & suffering he would experience there...yet, it was still his passion...to do the will of the Father..."for the joy set before Him, he endured the cross despising the shame and has now sat down at the right hand of the majesty on high."

What is our passion...are we passionate about the will of the Father?

What is that thing that holds sway over our heart's desires? What is that thing that drives us & motivates us?

Maybe a better question this morning is not "what", but "who" holds sway over our heart's desires?

"In Christ alone, my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song..."

God bless you today as you serve Jesus, the supreme & ultimate treasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment